Digital Marketing Tactics for Business in Zimbabwe
Businesses in Zimbabwe that are not using digital marketing need to understand the importance of it. Business digital marketing helps your business thrive in today’s competitive landscape and lets you make your mark.
However, for many, businesses in Zimbabwe digital marketing may seem confusing or intimidating, especially when it comes to using the right tactics. Questions pop up such as:
- How can you be sure of what methods to apply so that you get real results?
- What business digital marketing tactics will help you get the most exposure?
- How do you achieve your marketing goals without wasting valuable time and money?
- Where should you start to ensure you’re reaching the right customers?
Being a business owner, you need to have some clarity before you jump into the digital marketing arena. The good thing is, gaining the right level of clarity is not rocket science. The proof lies in the fact that a growing number of Icono Global clients in Zimbabwe are experimenting with business digital marketing and with great success.
Having said that, let’s now look into some effective business digital marketing tactics that will fetch you positive results:
Tactic #1: Create Shareable Content
Producing the right kind of content is an important part of effective business digital marketing. Your content can make or your break your digital marketing strategy.
On one hand, bad and low quality content that is not relevant can hurt your brand. And on the other hand, high quality content can help you build a strong relationship with your target audience, improve your brand image and boost your business revenue.
However, even good content will fail to give results if it isn’t seen and shared by the right people. The idea is to create content that:
- Helps your business reach its marketing goals and grow its reach.
- Helps your audience with the needed answers and encourages them to share it.
So how do you find this middle ground and create content that is highly relevant? How do you get more of your audience to share your content?
- At Icono Global, we aim at producing content that brings out an emotional reaction from your audience, because many times people share content for emotional reasons.
- We look into what your competition is creating in terms of content that is getting shares and produce something on the same lines.
- We make your content super-useful and practical so that it offers real value to your prospects/customers because people like sharing content that can help others.
- We create content that tells a story so that it’s more engaging and relatable to your audience’s current situation.
Every single step that you take towards making your content valuable for your readers, you are one step closer to making it more shareable.
Tactic #2: Optimize for Both Mobile & Desktop Marketing
For many business owners in Zimbabwe, the difference between desktop marketing and mobile marketing may not seem too obvious. After all, they both work on similar lines. However, if you want to get the most out of your small business digital marketing efforts, you need to achieve a better understanding of how both work. And more importantly, how people are going to engage with your brand on them.
As a business in Zimbabwe, the most important thing to figure out is how you can get more prospects to convert into customers. Which means you cannot ignore neither desktop marketing nor mobile marketing. Both are equally important to help you reach your marketing goals.
Talking about desktop, you need to focus on delivering a great user experience to your visitors so that they not only stay longer, but also take the desired action. How easy your website is in terms of usability ultimately determines how connected and engaged your target audience feels. Keep track of how people are using your website and what pages are most popular so that you can improve the user experience one step at a time.
Now, when it comes to mobile, you need to ensure that your site is efficient in every way. When people access it from their mobile devices, they should get what they are looking for without any confusion.
A mobile-friendly website is not just about the design, but about the overall experience and how well it can convert. So see to it that your site is mobile-responsive and loads at warp speed. And yes, don’t forget to optimize it for the search engines.
Tactic #3: Focus on Organic Social Media
When it comes to effective digital marketing, how can we ignore the importance of social media? Investing in social media marketing is a no-brainer for any business that wants to extend its reach in Zimbabwe and abroad.
If you look at the stats you’ll see that almost 70% of consumers like to use social media for customer support. And 33% prefer social media over the telephone.
The fact is, social media is being used by every brand that cares about its audience and wants to be a part of healthy competition globally. If your prospective customers don’t find your presence of social media, it’ll not only create a poor impression but they may also choose to reach out to your competitors who are using social media.
If you truly want to leverage social media marketing and get the most out of it, then you need to actively use the popular social media channels where your audience is likely to be. You cannot use social media as a mere promotional tool to find success with it. While promoting your product/service is okay, you need to keep it at the minimum and focus on organic growth.
By producing content that lets you create unpaid or organic growth, you create long term stability and increase trust with your social media followers. Working on increasing your organic engagement rate can help your social media marketing in more than one way as it:
- Slowly and steadily improves your organic reach at no cost. Later on you can invest into your chosen platform’s paid options to amplify your reach.
- Brings down the overall cost that you can accrue when you spend on promoting your social media content.
- Helps create strong social proof so that you can win more followers and convert them into customers. Because having a higher number of followers/likes/shares on your social accounts will make people trust your brand more easily.
- Lets you tap into the immediate network of your followers when their friends/followers see them engage with your content.
Organic social media may not seem like a big deal, especially when everybody’s using it. However, the difference between successful organic social media campaigns and not-so-successful ones is consistency. While your competitors may not be consistent in their efforts, you can be. We practice organic growth and consistency with all of our clients. Check out our Facebook advertising or Facebook marketing to see which would be best for your small business.